Bible Study time is a great way to spend time with your fellow Bethanians but more importantly is wonderful, spiritual uplifting experience. Please consider taking time out of your busy lives to attend one or all of these studies.
BIBLE STUDY OPPORTUNITIES!
(for additional information please call church office at 352-787-7275)
- Pre-school through elementary: Enduring Faith Bible Curriculum, Unit 3, which with key teachings of Jesus: The Good Samaritan, the Lord’s Prayer, and the Good Shepherd.
- 7th-12th grade: Joining the main class in the Fellowship Hall
Sunday morning Bible Class led by Tom Prickett: The class is studying the "Book of Luke.” Students will be provided with a workbook containing an outline of the class sessions and references that will aid in developing the classroom experience. Join us. The discussion begins at 9:15 Sunday morning. – Tom Prickett (leader)
Wednesday Morning Highland Lakes Bible Study!
Where: Highland Lakes Clubhouse; 5500 Clubhouse Dr, Leesburg, FL 34748
Date/Time: Wednesday from 10:00 to 11:00 a.m.
Call the church office for more details. NOT available via Zoom, but audio is posted on YouTube after the class.
Monthly Men’s Prayer and Fellowship Breakfast will meet on Thursday, Sept. 14th at 8:30am, at Bob Evans (360 Colony Blvd, The Villages). We will watch a short video (on the Lord’s Prayer) with discussion, followed by a time of prayer. Wally Mayne is the main coordinator for the group, but Pastor Mike is working with this too. This is open to all men (whether members of Bethany or not). If you have questions, please talk to Wally
Materials for Pastor Mike's Sunday Morning Bible Study
Handout on the Three Uses of the Laws
First Commandment - Fear of the LORD - What is it Good For?
Moralistic Therapeutic Deism handout
Pastor Mike's Bible Study (Wednesdays 10am at Highland Lakes Clubhouse):
Materials posted for Pastor Mike's Bible Study on the Gospel according to Mark
Mark 1:1-8 text
Mark 1:1 Commentary
Mark 1:2-3 Commentary
Mark 1:4-8 Commentary
Mark 1:9-10 Commentary
Mark 1:11-13 Commentary
Materials posted for Pastor Mike's Bible Study on Pentecost
Handout for Pentecost #1 and #2
Materials posted for Pastor Mike's Bible Study on Ascension
Handout for Ascension
Materials posted for Pastor Mike's Bible Study on Job
Book of Job Outline
Job Handout #1
Job Handout #2
Job Handout #3
Job Handout #4
Job Handout #5
Materials will be posted here for Pastor Mike's Bible Study on 1 John
Bible Poster summary (video link)
Comparison of Prologues to John's Gospel and 1 John
1 John 1:1-4 Handout
1 John 1:5-2:2 Handout
1 John 2:3-11 Handout
1 John 2:12-17 Handout
1 John 2:18-23 Handout
1 John 2:24-29 Handout
1 John 3:1-6 Handout
1 John 3:7-10 Handout
1 John 3:11-18 Handout
1 John 3:19-24 Handout
1 John 4:1-6 Handout
1 John 4:7-21 Handout
1 John 5:1-5 Handout
1 John 5:6-15 Handout
1 John 5:7-8 Handout
1 John 5:16-21 Handout
1 John 5 - Sin that Leads to Death Handout
Materials from Bible Study on Ephesians:
ESV Text by sections
- Week 1 "homework": Read through Ephesians one or several times. Note, underline, highlight words/ideas/concepts that repeat. Note things that you know or think you know. Jot down questions. Try to read it as if for the first time. What's new or strange to you?
Ephesians 1:1-1:14 Broken into thought units
- Week 2 "homework": Ephesians 1:3-14 is on long sentence in Greek. What big ideas do you see Paul developing? How do they connect with the Old Testament faith that leads to Jesus?
The Biblical Storyline of God's Blessing
- Week 3 - We reviewed Eph. 1:3-14 and focused especially on the blessings of the God the Father: we are chosen, predestined and adopted as sons through Jesus Christ!
Redemption and Exodus connection
- Week 4 (we didn't meet last week because of Tropical Storm Elsa) - We continued on as we examined the blessings of God the Son: we are recipients of God's grace in Jesus, His Beloved, so that we too are God's beloved children. We talked about how God's grace creates a relationship with us and how we see the mystery of who God truly is through His Son and the salvation offered through Him.
Fracture and Reunion of Heaven and Earth
- Week 5 - After reviewing the opening blessing that Paul proclaims, we meditated on what Paul says is God's plan in Jesus to "unite all things in Him." In other words, Jesus didn't come just for our redemption, the forgiveness of our sins, rather that is a piece in a larger picture of God's overall plan to restore His broken creation in Christ.
Ephesians 1:15-23 Broken into thought
Church as the Body of Christ Bible Verses
Ephesians 2:1-10 Broken into thought units
Ephesians 2:1-10 with Chiasm highlighted
Ephesians 2:11-22 Broken into thought units
Ephesians 2:11-22 with Chiasm highlighted
Ephesians 2 - Dividing Wall of Hostility
Ephesians 2 - Background to Ephesians from Acts
Ephesians 2 - What is the Temple?
Ephesians 3:1-13 Broken into thought units
Ephesians 3:1-13 Echoes of keywords
Ephesians 3:14-21 Broken into thought units
Ephesians 4:1-6 Broken into thought units
Ephesians 4:1-16 Broken into thought units
Ephesians 4:8 Psalm Allusion
Ephesians 4:11 Apostles, etc.
Ephesians 4:17-5:2 broken into thought units
Ephesians 4:20-24 translation issue
Ephesians 5:3-14 broken into thought units
Ephesians 5:15-33 broken into thought units
Ephesians 6 broken into thought units
Sunday Morning at 9:15am at church Adult Bible Study
This group meets in-person, but also through Zoom
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 837 8737 6590