Bible Study time is a great way to spend time with your fellow Bethanians but more importantly is wonderful, spiritual uplifting experience. Please consider taking time out of your busy lives to attend one or all of these studies.
Pastor Mike's Bible Study (Wednesdays 10am at Highland Lakes Clubhouse):
Materials will be posted here for Pastor Mike's Bible Study on Ephesians.
ESV Text by sections
- Week 1 "homework": Read through Ephesians one or several times. Note, underline, highlight words/ideas/concepts that repeat. Note things that you know or think you know. Jot down questions. Try to read it as if for the first time. What's new or strange to you?
Ephesians 1:1-1:14 Broken into thought units
- Week 2 "homework": Ephesians 1:3-14 is on long sentence in Greek. What big ideas do you see Paul developing? How do they connect with the Old Testament faith that leads to Jesus?
The Biblical Storyline of God's Blessing
- Week 3 - We reviewed Eph. 1:3-14 and focused especially on the blessings of the God the Father: we are chosen, predestined and adopted as sons through Jesus Christ!
Redemption and Exodus connection
- Week 4 (we didn't meet last week because of Tropical Storm Elsa) - We continued on as we examined the blessings of God the Son: we are recipients of God's grace in Jesus, His Beloved, so that we too are God's beloved children. We talked about how God's grace creates a relationship with us and how we see the mystery of who God truly is through His Son and the salvation offered through Him.
Fracture and Reunion of Heaven and Earth
- Week 5 - After reviewing the opening blessing that Paul proclaims, we meditated on what Paul says is God's plan in Jesus to "unite all things in Him." In other words, Jesus didn't come just for our redemption, the forgiveness of our sins, rather that is a piece in a larger picture of God's overall plan to restore His broken creation in Christ.
- NOTE - because of Pastor Mike's vacation, there will be no classes July 28 and Aug 4. We will resume on August 11!
Sunday Morning at 9:15am at church Adult Bible Study
This group meets in-person, but also through Zoom
Thursday evening at 5:30 pm at church Adult Bible Study
This group currently is studying the Book of Deuteronomy. They meet both in-person and also through Zoom.